Risk Warning

Forex Trading on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all traders. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to trade forex you should carefully consider your trading objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. It is possible that you could lose some or all of your initial capital and therefore you should not trade money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with forex trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts. Having said that, anyone with a sound mind can trade Forex but he must be aware of the risks involved as highlighted above.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Forex Trading Courses - Updated

The Forex Trading Courses has waken up to the New Year after the year end slumber. Just yesterday, I saw an advertisement by T3B for Dynamite Forex (trainer Clarence Chee) in The Star. And today I saw no less than 3 ads for Forex Trading previews - Lily Thniah (Ringgit Fleet), Sam Se (Forex Investology) and Kishore (Power Up Capital). So if you are interested to find out more, just attend the previews, after all they are all free. The best is to attend all of them if you have the time and then decide which is most suitable for you.

Here are just a few pointers for you to consider while making your choice.

1. The trainer should be a professional Forex trader since he will be in a better position to explain Forex trading and will be talking from real life experience rather than just from text-book theory.

2. There should be adequate after-sales service or follow-up after the course is over where students can seek assistance and be kept up to date on the changing Forex market and improvements and new information be imparted to the students as necessary.

3. The trading platform taught should be easy to use but should also have sufficient charting tools and technical indicators to assist the trader as he become more experienced.

4. In addition to the mechanics and technicals of trading, the course should cover money management and trading psychology, two other important aspects of successful trading.

5. Any other trading aids would be a bonus.

As you know, the Forex Trading course that I attended was Forex Investology (FI), conducted by Sam Se. Why did I make that choice? I attended a few free previews (three, if I remember correctly) before I made the decision. Based on the previews that I attended, my main reasons for selecting FI were:-

a) Their claims of success is more modest and realistic (and not some fantastic figures that sound too good to be true) which to me is more sincere.
b) Sam Se is a professional Forex trader and from the preview, you can see that he knows his stuff. And the clincher -
c) The fees were the cheapest (among those that I know at that time)!

Since then, I have also attended more previews to see what others have to offer since they are free. Would I make the same choice after attending all the additional previews? Definitely, since Forex Investology is still the cheapest in town and offer the best value for money.

The after sales service has also been good since there were "clinics" for those with technical problems, "Trade with Sam" sessions with market outlook and new information and tools in addition to phone-in and hands-on support. There is a Forum that used to be active but is now quiet probably because it used to give Forex hedging signals but is now temporary suspended because of the current financial turmoil. How does this compare with those provided by the others? Don't know since I have not attended any other courses. From feedback I have from friends, some are non-existent (since they are no longer existing) and some are good. Feedback from actual participants here (in the comments section) would be most welcome.

What about the FI course itself compared to the others? Again, don't know as this is the only Forex course that I attended and I cannot make any comparision. Again, it would be good for actual participants to give their comments here. I suppose all would cover the basics in Forex Trading, the technical indicators, the trading platform, etc.

Another fact that I only knew after attending the FI course is that Sam Se is also a programmer and he has written Expert Advisors (EA) and trading software and tools for Metatrader 4 (the Forex trading platform taught and used by FI) that were given to the students. He is adding more tools and trading aids from time to time and thus students are assured of continuous improvement. I don't think any other trainer can provide his own programmes.

Enough said. Don't take my word for it. Attend all the free previews coming to a hotel near you and find out for yourself. Happy preview hopping!

Ronald Kwok
http://ronaldkwok.atomicblog.hop.clickbank.net/

31 comments:

  1. Hi Ronald,

    These courses are really expensive...
    Is there any cheaper alternative to learn forex?

    Cheers,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you 'd attended the course are you making any profit? may be i am interested also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stanley,
    Well, education is not cheap. Some of the Forex courses are cheaper than some options and stocks trading courses and the returns can be just as good or better. Anyway, alternatively you can learn from books or from information googled from the Net but it will probably take longer before you can start to trade; it also depends on the individual but you'll be on your own. If you're in a hurry, attending a course will enable you to start trading almost immediately and you can always get back to your trainer for assistance, that's where after sales support comes in. Also most brokers will allow you to start a demo account for practice before putting in real money. (Of course, you can also learn from following my Blog but at the rate I'm going, it will take ages, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jimson,
    How I wish I can say I've profited greatly from my trading but no, to be honest, I'm currently losing. I've made some money before but it has been up and down like a yoyo. To be fair to my trainer and the course I attended, it is not their fault as I know some of my classmates are making plenty of money and some are also losing. This is also true of the other Forex courses, some students will make and some will lose, it depends on the individual. Probably I'm a slow learner and do not have that "oomph" for Forex so I'm a very bad example. Definitely the potential of making money is there, it is just how each one takes it. Give it a try. (I can write a whole post on this subject, maybe later.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    i hope you continue to play forex and i saw the newspaper keep advertising the forex seminar like your investology, kishmore, lily Thniah, 3tb, FX1 etc.. i don't know how true it is this forex can make money always without losing? i am also forex player but also losing most of the time and attending those forex courses are too expensive. What do you think and advise.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jimson,
    Regarding the courses being too expensive, please refer to my reply to Stanley above. It is also not true that you will always win in forex and never lose, the aim is to win more than you lose (both in numbers and in value) so that you will be a nett winner. Everybody can learn the technicals but when it comes to the psychological aspects, it will depend on the individual and not everybody will be a winner. Attending one of these courses (the better ones) will probably improve you chances of success but none of them can guarantee it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ronald

    I attended a preview by Sam Se & yes he mentioned he programmed his EA & software.According to him,his software is 70% accurate, meaning out of 10 times u can make 7 times wins. Theory, if all equal, you ll make net net profit.

    The losses that u suffered, how many percentage would u say is due to your own mental psychology & emotions, & how many percentage is due to Sam's inaccurate software &/or teaching? Pls also email yr reply to my email address: guymymy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I, thanks for your comments. I'm not too sure when you attended Sam Se's preview and which EA he is refering to since he is continuously revising his EA with a view to make it easier for his students to use. It is really very difficult to give a figure to the answer you wanted since all the elements you mentioned are involved in every trade. Even his EA is no holy grail and it is only a tool and it depends on how the tool is being used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adeline SheradeliaJuly 26, 2009 at 10:43 AM

    Hi Ronald,

    I just went to an FI preview yesterday and mentioned to Anloke that I actually came across your blog before going to the preview. She said that you had already completed the Advanced course, so before I sign up (I'm very keen!) for the upcoming course (BTW, when we sign up now, we have to take both the beginner and Advanced course as a package), I'd like to find out how it's been for you for the past few months, doing forex trading with their software? And has FI been totally supportive as well?

    Thanks for sharing,
    Adeline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Adeline,
    Thanks for viewing. Frankly, I have not been trading seriously after my Advanced class since I was doing a lot of other things as you can see from my Blogs! I was also having trader's block, something akin to writer's block! Like I mentioned elsewhere, there is no holy grail in Forex Trading and the FI software is just a tool and it all depends on how one uses the tool. The software helps you in managing your trade but it is you who decide whether to enter a trade or not. I think Sam is trying his best to make it as foolproof as possible but then no one can predict (with 100% accuracy) how the market will move. I can see how the software is evolving and Sam is probably wondering why it is not working for everybody as he tries to improve his course as it progresses. The way I see it is that to him, a professional trader, everything is so obvious but to beginners, it may not be so. He is now emphasising on trade setups before entering a trade and using the software more as a trade manager rather than just an entry signal generator. Sorry to amble along but if I just answered simply it may give the wrong picture. If I just said fantsitc then I may have given you false hope; if I said lousy, I could have deprived you the opportunity. You know what I mean.
    To me, the course is genuine and you will learn a lot of the technical analysis tools (with some fundamentals as well) and a very solid foundation to built on. Generally, I think FI is supportive but personally I do not call them for individual support, maybe I am egoistic!

    How well you trade depends on you. Trading is very much an individual thing as different people react differently to the same situation with very different results. Anyway, I am not a very good example since I am not really focussed and disciplined, probably no trading acumen too. Forex is definitely the best trading vehicle and the potential is there. Happy learning and trading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey fx enthusiatists,

    I have been reading yr posts..some asked for cheaper forex course fees, reliable performance, etc etc..Many frens of mine attended many fx course out there. Unfortunately, majority are still making losses.

    My frens (5 of them) then attended a particular forex trainer's course & then, they started to make money, using a totally different strategy, which is less stressful & much cheaper than the other trainer out there. Furthermore, this trainer give a money back guarantee for fees paid, if u make losses after 3 months! (so far, one dares to give money back guarantee)

    If anyone of u wants to know more about this course, I dun mind sharing with you. Call me at 012-2118587

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi bro LHCMS,
    If you are sincere in sharing, you should post details of the trainer here and not just your number. There are a lot of Forex scams out there so I hope you are not one of them. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Ron,

    I would love to, but the trainer would not want details of him to be posted all over the internet. BTW, i m not part of his seminar business.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ronald,

    For more info on the Fx Mentor that LHCMS is talking about, visit my Group here: http://is.gd/2pafW.

    Btw, I enjoyed your comments here - they are balanced and insightful. We should have tehtarik one day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have see MT4EA.COM on TheSun Newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Roland,

    I attended FI last week and like everyone else, I'm very keen. I haven't have the time to attend others but from what I heard, FI is well, to simplify it, the best out there.

    I'm undecided still. Should I or should I not go for it.. Since you've completed the course, can you give us an insight?

    Thank you.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi B,
    Please see my reply to Adeline above. Since I have not attended other Forex courses, I cannot give a direct comparision. But FI is genuine and good value for money.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I, if what you said in your comment above is genuine, you should discuss it openly here and share with everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I attended the FI preview session 2 days ago.
    This is the first Forex preview I have seen.
    Looks interesting.

    Mr.Kwok, I read your later posts and found that you then attended many other Forex previews. Does it mean that FI is not working well that you have to look for others ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, the main purpose of my attending other Forex reviews is to get material for my Blog and also to give the readers an idea on what is currently available in the local market. Hopefully, those who attended some of these Forex courses can also give their feedback to help others. And if I can find some sure-win fomula in the process, it would be a bonus. Alas, so far there is no Holy Grail and you need to work hard at it if you want to be successful in Forex trading - it is very easy to learn but hard to master. As for my view on FI, please see my reply to Adeline in the earlier post above. I still believe that Forex trading is the best trading vehicle. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Mr.Kwok.
    It is very nice of you to gather materials on Forex cources for the benefit of the readers. However, the more I read, the more I feel uncertain.
    There are also "freelance" trainer around who offer guidance at a few hunderd Ringgit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Leong,
    I suppose most of the courses will teach you the basic technical analysis tools and some fundamental analysis. The rest is really up to you since the psychological aspect is unique to an individual. It would be good for those who have attended some of these courses or even freelance training to share their experience.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey guys, check this out: www.osmasignal.blog.com

    Please let me know what you think about it because I'm at the verge of purchasing the signal software. my e-mail address: dndonald@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ronald, I am only considering to attend the Sam Se preview. may i ask what is the cost of basis & advance ? to me investing definately have risk just depends on us. Do forex have call margin? can that be avoided? I was working with a comodity com back in 2000 that trading coffee or sth. It is the same? Regards jc

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi donald,
    One must be wary of any trading software or signal for sale since they may work some of the time but not all the time. Nobody can guarantee a 100% success. You cannot buy success but have to work for it. I cannot comment on that signal since I have never used it. But be cautious.

    Hi jc,
    if you are attending the preview, they will give you all the details about the cost. As far as I know, there is no margin calls in Forex (maybe it depends on the broker) so when you reach a certain critical stage, your positions will be closed and you cannot lose more than what is in your account. It is best to check with your Forex trading broker on the details.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi... attended the preview. I found it very user friendly. Before signing up for the class I'd like to ask you this "How come you sometimes do not profit from the trading if the software somehow can protect the trader from making a wrong decision?". Thank you for clarification

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, no trading software can be right 100% of the time and no one can predict exactly how the market will move. Thus a wrong decision could turn out right or a right decision could turn out wrong as the market is so dynamic and we can only talk of high probability. A software is just a tool or an aid so one shouldn't depend entirely on the software. I beleive Sam is constantly tweaking his program so hopefully it will get better and better but still it is no holy grail and he emphasises doing a proper setup before any trade. Also psychology plays an important part as well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello. Jeffery Yong here. For anyone who is interested, here is an online forex seminar: "LEARN THE 2 MAIN REASONS 95% OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY". http://tinyurl.com/wiseVIDEO. (There are two parts. Watch both)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi,

    People are beginning to take notice of the foreign exchange market, and it takes long for a slew of forex trading courses to burst onto the scene. Some of these educational training guides, automated forex trading systems and software are very effective. It will be continuing adding reviews regularly thus you can subscribe to our newsletter to get latest updates. Thanks a lot...

    Day Trading Strategy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here…. Forex Tips

    ReplyDelete